Resize Video Clip

My laptops native resoltuion is 1920 x 1080 and thats how I set up hit film too and record. However, I downloaded a video clip to include in my video that video clip is 1280x720 and I want to change it to 1920x1080 so how would I do that. Thanks in Advance

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,094 Moderator

@Agent_Tech Have you tried just dragging the corner of the 720p clip to fill out the 1080p window in the viewer?  Or you could use the scale function under the transform properties of the clip and slowly raise it up until it meets the edges.  I'm not sure what % that would be but may be around 33%??  Hope this helps, and I need to say that the image is likely to get a little soft and less defined in the upscale.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,059 Ambassador

@tddavis for your future reference, and for @Agent_Tech the Scale ratio to scale 1280x720 to 1920x1080 is 150%.

Agent, you have other options as well. When a clip is on the timeline, you can right click it and look for the "Scale to Fit" options. "Fill Vertical" will do it. 

Who wants to do that, manually, for each clip? No one. So, scale the first clip. Copy this clip. Hold down CTRL and click all the 720p clips on the timeline. Right-click and select "Paste Attributes." That pastes the scale from the original clip to all the selected clips in one go. 

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,094 Moderator

@Triem23 Thanks for straightening out my faux pas.  I see my math game is as strong as ever.  I calculated that 1280 was 66% of 1920 and then promptly went to wrong direction. :) Totally forgot about "Scale to fit"...

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,288 Moderator

@TheBenNorris looks like this bot is back at it. Time to give it the Dalek treatment.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,030 Staff

@triforcefx I have their name on a post-it from before. Seems they are definitely a bot, time to boot them.

This discussion has been closed.