Pitch your Short to Filmaka and get $15,000 to direct a short film

SimonJones123SimonJones123 Website User Posts: 4

15 Minute Pit Stops

In 2025, it will only take 15 minutes to recharge your car. In these circumstances, what would you do with those 15 minutes to recharge yourself while you recharge your car?
Send in your pitches for a 3 to 5 minute original short film that tells the story about a future where you have 15 minutes to yourself to do whatever you want while you wait for your car to recharge.

A total of 3 pitches will be chosen to make into short films. If your pitch is one of the winners, you will receive a production budget of $15,000 to produce and deliver your short film in three weeks.

Your pitch should be in English and include an original title, a written script, a concept explanation, a budget breakdown of your proposed 3 to 5 minute film, your biography, and links to your previous work. Bids may also include visuals such as story boards, mood boards, or sample images.

The finished films will be promoted through a paid social media campaign and live on BASF’s website.

For Competition Details Visit: https://www.filmaka.com/competition-brand-basf.php?p=1

Comments

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,718 Ambassador

While this looks like a "legit" competition, I am a little suspicious about them using Simon's ident.   This is not the original @SimonKJones.

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,864 Ambassador

I'd stay well clear, all looks very suspicious to me.

• SimonJones123SimonJones123 Website User Posts: 4

Hello it is a genuine competition.

you can check Filmaka.com to know about this competition.

Thanks

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,259 Ambassador

@Stargazer54 @Andy001z a little research on Filmaka show's they've been around for about 13 years or so, and it is a legitimate site/contest.

@SimonJones123 as Stargazer noted, you kind of attracted the attention of the forum moderators because of your screen name. Like Stargazer mentioned, a former FXHOME staff member, Hitfilm guru, and forum Moderator is SimonKJones. Simon is a common name, Jones is a common name. There are 216 people in the United States named "Simon Jones" (according to howmanyofme.com), so I'll assume it's a coincidence, and not a deliberate usage of "real Simon Jones'" name to attract attention. That said, if your true name is not Simon Jones, I'll ask you to change your screen name to avoid confusion? If you are an actual Simon Jones, then accept my pre-emptive apology. :-)

Now, let's get serious. My pitch is I'm gonna sit around complaining, because it takes fewer than five minutes to gas up my car, and that tank gets me a lot more mileage than current EV batteries. ;-)

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,864 Ambassador

Trust no one, except this guy. Sorry Simon.

@Triem23 thanks for your kind words and I would say you can write/ prepare a pitch according to your perception (if you think it would take less than 5 minutes to gas up your car) then please explain in your pitch that what would you do to recharge yourself in the above mentioned time period, it is not an issue. We are just looking for cool ideas.

@Andy001z thanks mate