Human Extinction Attack

DimipapaDimipapa Website User Posts: 310 Enthusiast

Was a move Super Buu used at one point in Dragon Ball Z.  Made it somewhat unintentionally while trying to do different things with particles.  It's a two mobile emitter system overlapped to have birth and death particles, the birth is the trail, the death is the pop which is made of 3 different particles systems.  Gravity is low, speed is a little high and particle trajectory is pointed up to get the arc.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,254 Ambassador
  • DafterThingsDafterThings Website User Posts: 878 Enthusiast

Yep. Looks good. I like it when Particle systems give you a surprise result  

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,178 Moderator

@Dimipapa As I just got into a project involving particles I found this quite well done and interesting as well as very timely.

@DafterThings With my particle ability, it's a surprise to me if I even get them to spawn :) let alone do something cool like this.

• DimipapaDimipapa Website User Posts: 310 Enthusiast

If anyone wants to play around with it I put it all here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fqzmt1vb0su6q95/AACakePn4F9x1KHQ464YWB8Za?dl=0

Theres a few files or you can just download the project file.  If anyone does I added a few things, speed variation and some debris but it made it more obvious that all the shots are arcing forward instead of all directions.  Does anyone know why that is?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,254 Ambassador
    edited March 2019

Looking at it in Perspective mode it actually IS firing in all directions. The problem it you're using a 2D instance of majinbuu. So your "reference point" for buu's feet isn't matching up with the actual 3D space.

I'm gonna set majinbuu to 3D and play around.

Edit: Yeah, as soon as I set Maijinbuu to 3D I see he's NOWHERE near the surface of the moon. He's floating way up in the air. Because you've lined a 3D emitter up with a 2D layer the particles aren't hitting where you want. Bascially you're going have have to tweak the entire scene. I'll see if I can get everything aligned correctly and upload what I do. For future reference lining up a 3D WORLD to a 2D element usually doesn't work. From the camera perspective makes it LOOK like you have Maijinbuu standing on the moon, but, again, he's just not.

Ok, new post, same topic.

As said above, you left Maijinbuu in 2D and everything else is 3D. This is a problem, because you lined up your emitter to what looked good based on Majinbuu's hands, but that had absolutely no relation to what the particles and 3D planes are doing. Additionally, your deflector is really tilted, so eve

So, you have two solutions. The first is to make Maijinbuu 3D, but then you have to move your entire scene setup around. I started playing with this in this project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyvvj2j2jq75ovf/MaijinBuu True 3D Triem.hfp?dl=0

This version is incomplete. You'd still have to finish shifting everything in 3D space, but let me tell you some of what I've done.

I combined both emitters into one layer. A particle layer can have as many emitters as you want. Putting both your emitters in the same layer does two things - first, it puts all your particles in the same 3D space, so they occlude properly, second it speeds up the render because both particles are calculated and rendered at the same time, not render one, layer the other on top.

I've changed your particles to 3D Unrolled. This means they properly occlude in front of and behind Maijinboo.

I've parented your Deflector to your moon. Move the Moon and the delfector comes with it.

Your other solution is easier. Leave Maijinbuu 2D and move your deflector plane to the correct location to fake the perspective you want, as seen here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0cjbv7q0kj6ktr/MaijinBuu Deflector MoveTriem.hfp?dl=0

The problem with leaving Maijinbuu in 2D is that the particles cannot properly wrap behind him. Particles that should still be "behind" Mainjinbuu render in front of him because he's not in 2D space, so the particles composite over him. Move that layer under Mainjinbuu and all particles are BEHIND him.

I think what you should do is somewhere in between. I think you want Maijinboo in 3D with the particles in 3D unrolled, but you can leave the moon where it is and just move the deflector around until it looks correct.

• DimipapaDimipapa Website User Posts: 310 Enthusiast
    edited March 2019

I think I understand so the particles that are moving the other way are landing behind the 2d stuff.  I just thought that they would be visible but look awkward.  Actually looking again, it seems they are moving backwards too but it's hard to tell.

They are moving backwards. You can verify that by switching your camera viewpoint from Active to Perspective and rotating around..

In your original version it's all about 2D majinbuu floating way above the 3D space. The particles are going backwards  but your deflector was so far down that it gave an optical illusion they were all landing in front.