HitFilm won't open

Installed the latest version of Hitfilm12 on a brand new Win10 build.  The program won't open but when I go to Task Manager the only option I get is to wait or close the program.  All drivers are up to date.  Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4Ghz

RAM: 16GB

Video: GeForce GTX 1070

I had HitFilm Express installed on an older machine with much lesser specs with no issues.  Any assistance to get this software going again is appreciated.  Thanks!

Comments

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,342 Moderator

Try redownloading and reinstalling Hitfilm. There can occasionally be corruption in the download or the install.

Who's your manufacturer? If it's custom, who made the motherboard?

• Tried redownloading and reinstalling.  No go. Also tried an older version (HitFilm 2017) that was on an old drive.  That didn't work, either.  Sometimes I can get to the window where you sign in with username and password.  I can never get the splashy opening screen with all of the links.  Most times, nothing happens and I must go to Task Manager to close the program that is seemingly running somewhere in the background.

Motherboard is an ASUS Prime x470 Pro

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,342 Moderator

Try updating your mobo... I think there was an Asus that needed a bios update before it would run HitFilm.

This discussion has been closed.