3d Object tracking with mocha?

Im having trouble attaching a 3d object onto a body using mocha tracking. I cant figure out what to export the track data as. I want to make a 3d point that I can just parent things to with out having a 3d camera, because I am on a locked down tripod shot. If anyone can help it'd be very appreciated!

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,080 Ambassador

There's a way to do it, but there's no full Hitfilm tutorial on how to. It'll take a bit to track down, because parts of three videos are involved, but I'll get back to you later. 

The basic "trick" is you have to do a camera solve first, even for a locked shot. Once Mocha solves the camera and creates its 3D space  THEN you can go back and track the object  

If the camera is locked why can't you 2-point. What are you trying to attach to where? How much movement/turn is there? 

• ByrdFilms
    ByrdFilms Posts: 22

I want a sword to stab thru me so I wanted that 3d parallax look. Otherwise I would be using a there 2d tracker. I feel like Im doing the camera solve wrong, when I do it it tries to make my body the environment. 
    If you have discord I can send over the project file and footage.

• Triem23
    edited March 2019

That's one of them. Older versions of Hitfilm and mocha, but here, Axel tracks a camera  then and object. 

I think this tutorial is where he imports and lines up the track data.

• ByrdFilms
    ByrdFilms Posts: 22

I got it! this tutorial helped alot! Thank you!

• Triem23

Awesome!

Here's the last tutorial I was looking for. 

The relevant section starts about an hour in. They fake a camera track on a tripod shot, track a face, then attach a 3D model. The video is doing the Composite in Cinema 4D, but with Axel's tutorials you should see how to adapt to C4D workflow to Hitfilm.

The rest of the video is fantastic as well. There are a lot of really good tips in the entire thing. 

• Ed7301
    Ed7301 Posts: 1

Is there anyway of 3d tracking an object without the camera solve. I have a closeup scene of a phone that I want to 3d track, but an accurate camera solve in mocha Is nearly impossible.

• Triem23

Nope. You can track a plane. What are you trying to do? Screen replacement is corner pin, not 3D, anyway.