Hitfilm 12 Audio Meter tab Width

Baconbuttties
Baconbuttties Posts: 15
edited March 2019 in General

Here is a question that may sound silly but why is the audio meter tab so wide in Hitfilm ? Does it really need to be that wide and even if you reduce its width and try to save it as a workspace it goes back to being wider when opening a new project? I like the audio tab where it is but a thin one like  on the audio mixer would be sufficient and make a little more room on the edit tab . Does anybody agree with this or am i being pedantic?

Comments

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,082 Enthusiast
    edited March 2019

"...why is the audio meter tab so wide in Hitfilm ?"

That is a hell of a good question.

"... if you reduce its width and try to save it as a workspace it goes back to being wider when opening a new project? "

I have reported that more than once. In fact just last week I reported it again. The first time I reported the width resize quirk was years ago (May 10 2017).

It should be exceedingly simple to have these two parts of Hitfilm agree what is the allowed minimum width of the meters panel. Right now the different parts of Hitfilm each has their own idea about what is the allowed minimum. (the resize code, and the save/restore workspace/project code).

It is easy enough to resize the meters panel after every workspace/project load...but why?

...and maybe allow the width to be a touch narrower as well.

• Even the amount  you resize after each project is still a little on the hefty side for my liking and think it would look better and give more room if it was the same width as the thin ones like  on the audio mixer.

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,082 Enthusiast

I just looked at the mixer relative to meters. The width of the audio mixer bars is preferable to me over the currently allowed minimum width when manually resizing. A touch narrower. 

I would prefer ever narrower. Like Vegas or Resolve. But with that you would probably want to change how you draw things. So...baby steps.