Dual Viewers?

Just curious if folks know of a way to look at two different composites in two different Viewers (I know you can look at one composite from multiple views). I’m looking to view a main composite, while adjusting effects in a nested composite, and have both composites visible so I can see what I am adjusting and the impact of that adjustment. 

Comments

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,950 Enthusiast

"I’m looking to view a main composite, while adjusting effects in a nested composite"

Oh how I wish we could do that. For me it was using the particle simulator in the main comp and the texture for the particle sim in the nested comp. Making a texture change in the sub-comp and then switching to the main comp to see the result, and then repeat the sequence. This sucks big time.

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

As the viewer duplicates what a second monitor shows (unless you're using the Express 'Defloat' methed), it would theoretically be possible to repurpose the Viewer for a second comp, or for the Layer Tab to actually do something useful when adjust the prolerties of a layer at the bottom of a layer stack below a Grade Layer to flatten it, but which is otherwise invisible.