Effects

Dewr
Dewr Posts: 146 Enthusiast
edited February 2019 in HitFilm

I’m currently trying to tailor an effect kindly given to me as a project that I can put into a film I’m involved in.

However, I need two effects which are available in add on packs.  I would like to just be able to buy the effects I need instead of the whole packs.

is there a way to do this?

Comments

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,641 Moderator

@Dewr Currently, the only way to get add-ons is to buy them in packs or buy Pro.

While it would be nice to only get the effects you want, I can almost guarantee that if individual effects were implemented, it would cost you more money per effect.

Say you get 5 effects for $10. That's $2 per effect right? Well because of how these things work, if you were to buy one effect from that pack individually, it might cost you $5. Why? Because they want you to buy the packs- more money for them in the long run. It's the same reason why Pro costs $300, but adding the cost of all the add-ons is more than double that. They want you to buy Pro more than they want you to buy add-ons.

For the most part, the add-ons are designed to give you multiple great effects in one package. You may find a use for the other effects later on. If you don't want to spend the extra money, some effects can be recreated using alternative methods in Hitfilm, at the cost of extra time. For instance, you could roto a Lightsaber sequence using lots of masks and whatnot, but using the Lightsword effect is much easier most of the time.

Hope that helps!

• Dewr
    Dewr Posts: 146 Enthusiast
    edited February 2019

It does, I’m only asking because money is tight, I can’t afford Pro right now.  And I don’t want to pay for things I might not use.

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,641 Moderator

I totally understand the feeling. Out of curiosity, which effects were you planning to use? Maybe we can help you build something with the effects you do have.

This discussion has been closed.