1080p video is imported as 1088p, green bar in exports.

I've repeatedly tried to import and export this clip and I have no clue what's going on. The video I'm importing is at a resolution of 1920x1080, yet every time I insert it into Hitfilm the details show at as 1920x1088 pixels. Then, when exporting, the video is exported as 1080p again but with a green bar at the bottom: https://i.imgur.com/2GABQAQ.png

I've tried multiple export presets to no avail. What is causing the green bar? Could it be the wrong resolution being detected?

Comments

• Hictor
    Hictor Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 370 Enthusiast

Could you throw your PC specs and the version of Hitfilm you're using? 

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Website User Posts: 4,043 Enthusiast

Can you post (copy/paste) a full text MediaInfo report here in this thread. MediaInfo is a free utility.

I am guessing your media is probably AVC video, maybe in an MP4/MOV file container.

Some files can be encoded with a 1088 resolution but be marked as using only 1080. It is not very common but I have seen it in the past. The reason some encoder might do that is more efficient macroblocks in encoding. 1088 is divisible by 16.