Editing Lower Third Templates

MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast

Hey guys, been a long time.  I thought I kicked my addiction, but I am back and catching up on the changes in Hitfilm since 2016.  I see one or two things have changed.  I was wondering, how do you edit the templates for lower thirds?  I love this feature, but just need to correct the name from Harry Potter.  I guess I could change my name to Harry Potter.

Comments

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,186 Moderator
    edited February 2019

@MichaelJames Go down to the effects/ history/ text panel in the bottom left quad and click the text tab.  This will let you make changes to the font, color size etc.  Then select the text icon on the left of the viewer (Third down under word Viewer) and then highlight the text you want to work on and change away :) Hope I explained well enough to help you out.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,301 Ambassador

That's the first tutorial I've seen for publishing. Haven't watched it yet, but Shiny always does good work, so I'm sure it will be pretty complete. 

Welcome back, Michael. 

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited February 2019

Wow!  Good explanation of what "Publishing" means.  Looks like a real time saver for editing.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,301 Ambassador

@Stargazer54 and keep the media bin clean. Still haven't watched Shiny's vid. I will after work tonight. (FY-specifically you-I, I'm camera on a single camera shoot today. I brought my camera as a backup to the venue camera, and talked the director into going 2-cam with a static wide audience shot. The audio and lighting crew chuckled when I said I had volunteered to double my own workload and run/tape TWO cables instead of one!) 

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited February 2019

@Triem23 Proving that no good deed goes un-punished.  ;)   Hope your shoot went well.

• MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast

Thank you guys.