Hitfilm Express 12: Wrong audio track selected by default

I use Shadowplay to record my screen, with separate audio tracks for System and Microphone. Since the Hitfilm 12 update, when I import videos it now defaults to importing the second audio track, which is solely my microphone. Is there any way to change the default Audio Track the program imports?

Are there any plans for proper support for multiple Audio Tracks too? At times I've had to resort to using Davinci Resolve just to set up my audio correctly, then export back to Hitfilm for other editing and it's an irritating process.

Comments

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,038 Ambassador
    edited February 2019

HitFilm has never supported more than one audio track, though why it would switch which one it loads is a mystery. I'm fairly sure that support for multiple audio tracks has been requested before, but it couldn't hurt to make your wishes known again in the wishlist thread.

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,947 Enthusiast
    edited February 2019

I tried one test and 12.1 still grabs the first audio track for me.

Windows 10 1803, i7 4770k @4Ghz, 16GB, GTX 1080

• JacksaurJacksaur Website User Posts: 3
    edited February 2019

I know it hasn't supported them properly, but before it would at least latch on to the correct one. I now need to open Davinci just to even make my videos usable now. I'll try the wishlist thread as well, thanks.

Strange that it works for you though Norman. Perhaps it's an issue with the way Shadowplay creates the tracks, as other users of it are reporting the same...