Speed effect: keyframing

I'm trying to make a time remap using speed keyframing and the reverse effect, but after a few seconds/somewhere in the middle, it just cuts off as if there is no video there, but there is. Even if I preview it.  I'm also trying to sync it with a song. Also the issue is only with the video with the effects, I haven't got to keyframing the other clips

Comments

• harunieharunie Website User Posts: 3

I'm trying to make a time remap using speed keyframing and the reverse effect, but after a few seconds/somewhere in the middle, it just cuts off as if there is no video there, but there is. Even if I preview it.  I'm also trying to sync it with a song.

BTW, the issue is only with that clip with the effects, the other clips in the sequence are just fine, however I haven't got to keyframing them yet.

Update: I tried it with the second clip, I still have the same problem

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,272 Ambassador

Here's the deal with the Speed effect.

You add a clip to the timeline. For argument, we'll say it's 10 seconds long at 24 fps.

As soon as you add the clip to the timeline it defines a 10 second, 24 fps data block of 240 frames. This 240 frames all all Hitfilm is working with.

Let's say you've added a Speed effect and set it to 200%. Ok, your 240 frames are now playing back at double speed. That's five seconds. At the end of those five seconds the video clip ends. All defined frames have been played. Additionally, Speed and Reverse have a somewhat odd interaction, since effects are applied in the order of the effects stack. If Reverse is after Speed then reverse is starting to grab from the end of the clip, which is now "blank."

YOu'll probably need to stack up an embedded comp or two. You'll probably need to do your Speed ramps in Comp 1, tehn embed in Comp 2 to Revrse. Or vice versa.

The key thing is understanding that a SET NUMBER OF FRAMES is defined when you drop a clip on the timeline and the Speed effect only works with those defined frames. So, again, if you double the speed of a ten second clip, you get five seconds of video and five seconds of nothing.