Static Electricity

Alexander Harte
Alexander Harte Website User Posts: 8
Hey y'all. I was wondering if anybody could supply beginner me with some reasons why my electricity effect moves around. I know that it is supposed to jump and jitter and stuff but its root is not staying on the points I define. I create a point and then do a track and tell the point to follow the track and it does. But when I add the lightning to the comp shot the points have moved. I am not sure if I am making myself perfectly comprehensible but even a few suggestions would help. BTW I have HitFilm Express and I have watched the lightning tutorial.

Comments

• OrangePekoe
    OrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    From the sounds of it, you are taking some footage - creating a track - creating a point that is parented to that track and then applying the lightening (start or end point) to that track? 
    When you say the points have moved are they all moved a certain amount?  (As if the anchor point is adjusted over by x distance)
    Or are they just randomly moving all over the place?
    Video or screenshot available :)?
  • Alexander Harte
    You pretty much hit the nail on he head there. That is exactly what I am doing. I can try to show some video or screen shot when I am on the computer. I am doing all the posting from my kindle. I will get it up as soon as I can. Also when  add the lightning to the black layer it does not show up until I have closed the project out and reopened it. I kinda just happened to figure this out and never actually used this technique to get it to work. What am I doin wrong?
  • Alexander Harte
    Uh oh. I just remembered that I deleted the project file to start another one later when I got the kinks worked out. I will see what I can do.
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,249 Staff
    When you select the point to which the tracking is applied, and watch through the timeline, does the point stay accurately in place?  
    Have you adjusted the Radius settings for the Start or End point (which will allow the end of the arc to move away from the center point, within the specified radius)?  Have you un-checked the "Sticky" box for either the Start or End?
    What are the specs of your computer?
    CPU:
    Graphics Card:
    RAM:
  • Alexander Harte
    Those are all good uestions. Unfortunately I am unable to answer those without starting a new project for the aforementioned reasons. As far as specs are concerned,I will have to check. Its a good one that Ad bought and I regularly play games on it. It has handled all of my previous projects very well and those turned out great.