Export failure

BIGSKITTLEBIGSKITTLE Website User Posts: 5

Recently I had an encounter where my project itself ran without fail but when I exported it, there was a hitfilm logo in the background and what sounded like a piano key made an obnoxious sound in the background. I was unable to locate what the problem was. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,179 Moderator
    edited February 2019

@BIGSKITTLE Either you're running Pro in Demo mode while with Express hasn't been activated yet or you are using an add-on effect that has to be purchased to get rid of the watermark.  Express now let's you play with all the effects (minus a few Pro Only features) and watermarks them. Hope this gets you sorted out.

• BIGSKITTLEBIGSKITTLE Website User Posts: 5

Wow I feel like an idiot. I've been using Hitfilm on my surface recently and I guess I deactivated my license. I'm going to make a separate account for my surface lmao

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,179 Moderator
    edited February 2019

@BIGSKITTLE Yeah, I think that is a limitation on Express to only 1 active computer license where Pro has up to 3. Easy to check for sure up on the accounts button and it will show what you have active and installed on this email account you're logged in on.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,264 Ambassador

Tddavis is correct, Express activates only on a single machine. 

You COULD create a new account to have Hitfilm active on two machines at once. The drawback is add-ons tie to an account, so if you buy add-ons for license 1 you'll have to re-buy for license 2.

The other option is to do some activation management. From your account page here you can deactivate machine 1 and then reactivate on machine 2. Switch as needed. Since activation only matters for export, not edit, you may choose to go this route.