Timecode import from files

aknittel
aknittel Posts: 110

Does Hitfilm Pro handle timecode in audio files so that one can sync camera audio with timecode to separately recorded audio with timecode?

Comments

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,316 Ambassador

Not to my knowledge. There is a syncing feature that operates strictly on audio alone, attempting to sync audio to video by matching waveforms, but HitFilm doesn't do anything with timecode at this time AFAIK.

• aknittel
    aknittel Posts: 110

Ok, folks at Hitfilm...Is this a reason for me to renew my subscription? It would be nice to have a hint of the schedule of things to come in the next 12 months that I want before I commit.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,316 Ambassador

The pending release of v12 is the first time that I've seen them announce any features before release. My gut says this was done mainly because of the continuing release delay, but I wouldn't expect it to be a regular thing, and I certainly wouldn't expect them to provide a roadmap of upcoming features over the next year.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,072 Ambassador

As CleverTagline states FXHOME pretty much never announces new features ahead of time. The announcement of new features in HF12 before release? First time I've seen that happen in six years. I agree with Justin's assessment that the only reason they did that is because this particular release ended up being delayed far longer than anyone wanted (Ideally HF 12 would launch at the START of the January sale as a driver). 

Chances of getting a "roadmap" for the next year is close to zero. You have to watch the occasional FXHOME livestreams and wait for Josh to say things that make Kirstie glare or faceplam.

Bear in mind Premiere and Avid ALSO don't sync audio from SMPTE code. Neither does Pluraleyes. All three sync the same way as Hitfilm - matching audio waveforms.

FCPX and Resolve can sync timecode, so can Vegas, but you have to set things up as a multicam to do it. 

This discussion has been closed.