Video Export Doesn't Work

Hi community, really appreciate distributing free version of the video maker software and form a forum for discussion. My problem is very simple, I made video I want but the export button is gray out so I can't export any video I made. I firstly download Hitfilm in Fall 2018, the export function works at that day but stop working when I use it right now. Please help me. Thanks!

Comments

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,316 Ambassador

The license might have somehow been deactivated on your machine. You can check all activations on your account page on this site. Click on the Account link in the top-right corner, then scroll to the Software section. You'll see a list of all FXhome software you've registered. Next to the entry for HitFilm Express, click "View Activations." On the page that comes up, the far right column will list the name of the machine where that software has been activated. If it says "None currently," then that confirms that your system somehow got deactivated. Let us know what that looks like for your account, and we'll go from there.

• premier424
    premier424 Posts: 3
    edited January 2019

Hi Clever, Thanks for the help. That is exactly what showed in my account.  None currently shows up next to the serial code. 

• CleverTagline
    edited February 2019

Your image didn't show up. Check this thread for info on how to add images.

If "None currently" is what shows up next to your serial code, then you just need to activate HitFilm using that code. There should be an activation option somewhere in the menus. Or maybe it's a button somewhere on the UI. Not have a deactivated version for reference, I can't tell you exactly where to look or what it'll be called, but I'd like to think it would be pretty obvious.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,072 Ambassador

@CleverTagline Justin, just tagging you for reference. 

Top left of the interface, look for "File."

Click "File" and, in the menu look for "Options."

In the Options menu there is a tab for "Activations."

From there you can enter the serial you got from your account page on here. 

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ls6df3sue9ddk4/Activation .png?dl=0

It so wired that the export tab shows the hitfilm is not activated while the activation shows it's already been activated and only things I can do is deactivate. However, the deactivate button doesn't work. 

• CleverTagline

Your best bet at this point might be to contact support (most folks in this forum — including mods — aren't staff, just other users who try to help)

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,072 Ambassador

Did you happen to uninstall and reinstall on the same computer without deactivating first? That shouldn't matter, but that might have glitched your license, maybe having the FXHOME server think the first install is active and the second isn't? 

On your Account page on this forum you can manage activations. Try uninstalling the software  deactivating it ON HERE, then re-installing? 

If that doesn't do it, I'm out of ideas and agree with CleverTagline you should contact Support. 

This discussion has been closed.