Problems with exporting 'Process finished unexpectedly'

saira07
saira07 Posts: 3
edited January 2019 in HitFilm

Hi, I've been using Hitfilm express and have had some issues with 'exporting'. Every time i try exporting my project it says 'Process finished unexpectedly'. I've checked my mac specs, here they are: 

Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup disk: OS X 

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1563 MB

I'm quite new to editing so I'm not too sure what could be going wrong. I tried exporting clip by clip and this seemed to work, except for clips which had effects on them like 'hue shift' even if the clips were 5 seconds long. I read something about having to do a GPU update (if you've done an OS update recently, which I have), but would you be able to tell me how to do this (I'm not even too sure what a GPU update means/what it would do).

Thank you

Comments

• Also, the format of my source videos is mp4, and audio is mp3. 

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,316 Ambassador

Which specific macOS version are you on? How much free space is on your hard drive? Which specific version of HitFilm Express are you using?

The OS/GPU thing you refer to is probably related to the graphics driver bug that was found in Mojave. The most recent Mac versions of HitFilm have a fix to address that, but some users still report issues. AFAIK, Mojave is still not 100% officially supported, so if that's what you're running, then there may not be much you can do until an update is released that is supported on it.

• I am on Mojave. I have 128gb of 251gb storage available on my hard drive. I am using Hitfilm express 2017. And if the issue is regarding Mojave, then I shall hope for an update to come soon. Thank you, regardless!

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,316 Ambassador

Express 2017? Wow. That version most definitely won't be stable on Mojave. There have been numerous versions since then. Express 2017 is technically version 5 if I recall correctly, with version 6 being the first to go  without a number or year in the title, just "HitFilm Express." Now it's up to version 11.  I suggest downloading the latest version and giving it a shot. You'll at least have the current fix targeting Mojave and can see how it performs on your system, plus you'll have a truckload of features that have been added since Express 2017.

This discussion has been closed.