Instagram Aspect Ratio

I know the aspect ratio for Instagram stories is 1080x1920.  However, I think I'm doing something wrong, because when I exported my video & uploaded it, the bottom was cut off.  What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,208 Moderator
    edited January 2019

@JacobBrooks Did you edit one of the Export presets to conform to the Instagram dimensions in addition to setting your project settings to them?  If not, then on Export it will try to insert your project into the Export preset settings. Be sure to save your edit Preset with a different name for future use and not to lose one that is already there.  Hope this helps a little.

Edit did a quick google search and found this:  Not conversant in Social Media so I have no clue if this is the issue or not:

Composition Size: maximum width 1080 pixels (height anything, although within the same ratios as images)
    Frame Rate 29.96 frames per second (max 30fps, but should be fixed, not variable)
    H.264 codec / MP4
    5,500 kbps video bitrate (although Instagram may reduce this to 3,500kbps when we post it) (up to 7,500kbps bitrate we will keep as-is, above that we will downgrade to 7,500 kbps)
    AAC audio codec at 44.1 kHz mono (up to 128kbps)

• JacobBrooksJacobBrooks Website User Posts: 128

@tddavis

Yes, pretty sure. 

The video was cut off on three different devices (a phone, tablet, and desktop computer).