HitFilm Express Unknown Crashing

MrMistermister
MrMistermister Posts: 1
edited January 2019 in HitFilm

Good day,

I’ve been using HitFilm Express on my desktop happily for a while now and had no issues with it. I recently recommended it to a friend and he’s had nothing but problems.

His laptop is an ASUS GL553VE and it should be more than powerful enough to run it, but it crashes time and time again with no consistent trigger and with never any error message. Sometimes the computer will blue screen with a GPU TDR error but not always, and again with no obvious trigger. We’ve tried:

- Reinstalling GPU/Chipset Drivers with and without using DDU

- Reverting to older GPU drivers with and without using DDU

- Reverting to an older version of HitFilm Express

- Lengthening the TDR duration in the registry

- Disabling Intel integrated graphics in Device Manager and leaving the Nvidia GPU enabled

- Prioritizing the Nvidia GPU over the Intel graphics in the Nvidia control panel globally

- Prioritizing the Nvidia GPU over the Intel graphics in the Nvidia control panel individually for all open programs

- Running Windows Update until everything is fully updated

And pretty much every combination of each one. So far, none of these have seemed to fix anything. Still inconsistently crashes with no error message and sometimes blue screens with the same TDR error. Is there something I’m missing? I’m open to any suggestions because we are both at a total loss.

This discussion has been closed.