Brits and Tea

2»

Comments

• DafterThings
    DafterThings Website User Posts: 936 Enthusiast

@palacano Very good.

@filmsensei The lines are great but if I could just suggest something. Imagine,  you're walking down the street and you see a Lion......

This always makes me chuckle....

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,834 Ambassador

@DafterThings LOL! That's really funny.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,084 Ambassador

Yep.  Reminds me of the time I had to walk out of an edit after an entire afternoon of the client balking at everything and the producer (who was actually the sales guy) saying, "Yeah, lets to that again and shave off half a field." 

Instead of screaming and climbing over the producer desk to kill them both with my bare hands, I calmly took off my headset,  stepped away from the switcher console, walked out the front door and into the parking lot.  I just stood there trying to decide if had made a wrong career choice only to hear the footsteps of the producer come up behind me.  "What's wrong?  I thought we were doing so well?"

"Nothing", I said.  "I was just feeling a little ill.  Sorry, to stop progress.  I fell better now.  Let's go back in a finish up." 

It was on this day that I learned the value of the 'placebo edit'.  . .   "Here ya go.... half a field.  How's that?"

"Marvelous!", said the producer.  "Looks great!  Let's cut dubs."

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,221 Ambassador

I had a nightmare VO session one time, recording a tag for a cell phone carrier. We started with a delivery that I felt was pretty close to my audition (assuming that's at least part of why they booked me). 20+ takes later, we'd veered from that a good bit. They clearly weren't happy with something, but couldn't quite figure out what that was, and were reaching a bit blindly with their requests for changes, when finally someone said, "Can we pull up his audition? We definitely liked that." We shifted closer to that style once again, but it was still another few takes before they got what they wanted.

While we're sharing VO videos, here's one of my favorites:

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,221 Ambassador

...and another I just couldn't resist adding:

• Xhan47
    Xhan47 Website User Posts: 148

And, don't forget this one:

• Kiplake
    Kiplake Website User Posts: 53 Just Starting Out*

My favorite 

• TPV_Productions
    TPV_Productions Website User Posts: 31 Just Starting Out

Very nice work, I remember trying stop motion one time myself. I made it to 15 seconds and then gave up. That was in the “Sega Dream Cast” days, Sonic was way more exciting.

• DafterThings

Thanks. The animating can get a bit tedious but I take it as a necessary evil for the bits I do really enjoy.

I get despondent when I load some dialog to animate against and see it will take 60 frames. It gets worse when I realise that's just 5 seconds of video. 
    I dread to think of the patience the pros need to have at higher fps. There is a video of the person animating Kubo.
    He doesn't so much move it than allow his hand to gently waft air against it.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,229 Ambassador

I think Kubo was still animated "on twos" (12 fps), but, even at 12, stop motion requires patience.

Robot Chicken, I think they mostly animate "on threes" (10 fps based on 29.97).

• DafterThings

I keep meaning to look at shooting on twos. Again, just another thing on the list