Feature Request: Bring Back Shadow Cast

First of all, congratulations on Imerge Pro.

Another time saving tool from fxhome.

But I really miss the Shadow Cast feature in PK8.

If possible, please add it to Imerge Pro.

Thanks,

Bill

Comments

• rikkiloades
    rikkiloades Staff Posts: 158 Moderator

Hey @FXhomer282329.

Thanks for stopping by. Shadow Cast is something we will look at adding to Imerge at some point in the future. It's somewhat more complex to achieve in Imerge beacuse of the additional flexibility you have.

Is there anything in particular you like about the implementation in PhotoKey and anything you'd like to see changed/improved?

• nemophoto
    nemophoto Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

This thread seems dead, however, I'd like to add that I really miss the cast shadow of Photokey. Cast Shadow in Photokey properly grounds your subject. In cases where a client wants better realism (my commercial fashion shoots where we've been forced indoors, into the studio), the cast shadow is a must. The lack of that feature has kept me from using Imerge, though it has far better color, image processing and RAW handling. Without this feature, I might as well composite in Photoshop using some of my excellent chromakey plugins. However, this prevents me from doing a general batch conversion.

• SamuelMorris
    SamuelMorris Staff Posts: 89 Staff

@nemophoto I think you might be interested in the Long Shadow effect which was added in Imerge Pro 4.

• Proteas
    Proteas Posts: 39 Just Starting Out*
    edited October 2020

I don't know how to work with Long Shadow in Imerge 4. I remember i've made it once in the past, but now i forgot how i did it. And i can't find any proper tutorial. The introduction of Imerge 4.0 is not helpful nor is the manual helpful. How can i display the shadow and what exactly are these 2 lines?

• Proteas
    Proteas Posts: 39 Just Starting Out*
    edited October 2020

I saw it before writting my comment. I can't make shadow visible. That's why i asked for a proper tutorial.

• SamuelMorris
    SamuelMorris Staff Posts: 89 Staff

Hi @Proteas sorry I've only just seen this. If you can't make the shadow visible, try raising the top line (marked "Horizon" in the effect controls) and moving the light direction elevation by moving the black dot to the edge of the circle, moving it to the top for the shadow to be in front of the layer and to the bottom for it to be behind the layer. If you still can't see it after doing this, it might be worth contacting support.