Express won't open!

I've been using Express for a couple of weeks without a problem but yesterday it just won't open! I just get a black screen and eventually a "not responding" message. My PC isn't that great but with it working in the past I can't see it's that. The odd time it gets to the first screen where there's usually all the ads and links for addons but they weren't there, just the open or new buttons and pressing either hangs the program again! I've uninstalled and downloaded it again with no change. Any ideas?  

Comments

• Yosser
    Yosser Posts: 5
    edited January 2019
  • Yosser

Trying to add screen shots of what's happening in task manager while it's trying to open but can't see how to add photos! There's 3 processes  running under Hitfilm. The Hitfilm exe then one called QtWebEngineProcess.exe and another called Skyway_Guard.exe. Don't know what these are trying to do but wondering if they are stopping the program opening.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,743 Ambassador

@Yosser Check out this link: https://fxhome.com/forum/discussion/2544/what-is-skyway-guard-exe

Are you connected to the internet?  AFAIK you only need to be connected the first time you download and authorize your account.  After that, you should be able to run HF w/out the connection.   But perhaps you need to connect and go to your account and check your activation list?

BTW the the only way to get a photo to show up in a forum post is to upload to an online source somewhere and then embed the link in your post.

• Yosser

Ya I'm connected but think it's not connecting properly. I've been in the firewall settings and given it permission so that should be OK. The confusing thing is how I've been using it fine the last couple of weeks. I'll check what I've got activated in my account and make sure things match up. I'll have a look at that link too, thanks. 

This discussion has been closed.