[Answered/RESOLVED] Can only export 30 seconds worth of video on HitFilm 4 Express

Ziehl
Ziehl Posts: 2
edited January 2019 in HitFilm

I just finished 2 hours of editing a gaming montage (on HF4E) to find out that I can only import 30 seconds of it. I tried to go to my account and see the serial code, but all that gave me was one for HitFilm Express, which isn't valid for HitFilm 4 Express. What do I do? I really don't want to do it all over again on HitFilm Express.

Comments

• Ziehl
    Ziehl Posts: 2

Update: Just read HitFilm is no longer issuing new serial codes for HitFilm 4. Is there some way to import my video over to the new one? I have the activation code for that. Thanks!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,519 Ambassador

Yes, just load the Hitfilm 4 project into the current version of Hitfilm Express (v11). Everything will be fine.

Any Hitfilm project can move "Forward." A Hitfilm 1, 2, 3, 4, etc project will open fine in Hitfilm 11. No Hitfilm project can go "Backwards." A Hitfilm 11 project will not open in Hitfilm 10 or a Hitfilm 2017 (v5) project won't open in Hitfilm 2.

• I have a similar problem with my licensed HitFilm Exress. No matter how long I set the project and any comps, the timeline is always only 30 seconds. I verified its licensed, and it shows that it is.

This discussion has been closed.