Imported Video Error

I have recorded several 40-50 minute videos, all with the same properties in the the attached Image 1 below, when i play them as they are before editing on my pc they play fine and audio is ok and in sync with the video, The problem occurs when i import the video clips into Hitfilm for editing, when i preview play them in Hitfilm the audio plays sped up at a higher pitch, also all the videos in the media browser have an error symbol on them as per image 2 below.

Could someone explain to me why is the audio sped up and how can i get it to the normal speed for editing? I have tried many other Video editing programs as well as and the same problem happens with sped up audio in them as well.

Also how can i work out what the error symbol refers too in the media browser, as im completely stuck on this one

Many thanks for any help or advice you can give

John

Image 1

Image 1

Image 2

image 2

Comments

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,327 Ambassador

What software/hardware are you using to create/capture those videos? My gut says it's recording them all with a variable frame rate, which can be problematic in HitFilm. I strongly recommend transcoding your footage to a constant frame rate before editing. Speaking from experience, this can make a night-and-day difference.

If you’re not familiar with transcoding, I strongly suggest watching this video by @Triem23 . It talks about why transcoding is important, and shows several ways to do it using various tools.

While transcoding, I also suggest splitting each video into smaller chunks. Clips longer than maybe 15-20 minutes or so can also slow down responsiveness in HitFilm during editing. Chances are you can find natural break points in your videos that you probably won't use. If you plan on using everything, or don't know immediately where you can cut things apart, then build in some overlap in your split points, so that the end of one goes a second or two past the start of the next one.

This discussion has been closed.