Using composite settings

PaulStarrPaulStarr Website User Posts: 16 Just Starting Out

I am new to Hitfilm Express and I am experimenting with moving images is a circular path. I have a couple of questions that aren’t yet clear to me.

1. If you add controls to a composite image, can the exact controls be copied to another image?

2. If you make changes to the controls in a composite image then add image to a video timeline, if you edit/ refine  those controls in the image will they / should they appear in the video?

Comments

• DafterThingsDafterThings Website User Posts: 889 Enthusiast

@PaulStarr

1) You can copy/paste controls from one image to another.  Normal select the control and right-click copy and then select the desitnation and right-click paste

2) If you change a composite then it is reflected in the editor timeline immediately.

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,061 Ambassador

Just to clarify the terminology, the proper term is “composite shot,” not “composite image.” While a composite shot can be used to create static images, it’s treated as video on HitFilm’s timelines because it has a specific length and frame rate. 

• PaulStarrPaulStarr Website User Posts: 16 Just Starting Out

Thank you for your comments. I will work on the lingo, it is a little alien to me at the moment. @dafterthings... to be clear, I click on control (say position), right click, copy, then click on control shot I want to copy to, then paste? Does that mean I have to copy each key frame one at a time?

• DafterThingsDafterThings Website User Posts: 889 Enthusiast

I'm not in  a position to check at the moment but I remember it copying all the keyframes as well.
    What happens when you try?

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,061 Ambassador

Copying and pasting data can be done in several ways. If you have a collection of effects with keyframes that you've added to one item, and you want to copy that to another item, copy the source item, then right-click on the target item and choose "Paste Attributes." You'll get a dialog that lets you choose the specific attributes you want pasted. This works with built-in properties (Position, Rotation, Scale, etc) as well as things added via effects, and static property changes can be copied as well as those that have been keyframed.

This discussion has been closed.