Text Properties Question

I’m having a problem when I go to add a text.  Usually I’ve seen as soon as the text layer or text icon has been selected that the “Text Properties” appears and then you can add in the size. For me, the Text Properties box does not show up. Is there a way to default the box to show up when text has been selected? Thanks.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,305 Ambassador

The text tool changed in recent versions of Hitfilm. Many people didn't actually like having to define a text box before typing. Now, select the Text Tool, click in the viewer and start typing. The "box" is automatically generated based on whatever is typed. 

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,303 Ambassador
    edited December 2018

DrewSmith3435 For a full rundown on the new text tools, take a look at this ten minute video...

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,043 Ambassador

Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but ever since I began using HitFilm (HitFilm 2 Express), the Text tab has never auto-activated/selected when working with text layers. I always have to select it manually to modify the text size, color, etc. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,305 Ambassador

@CleverTagline I could be wrong, but I think the question relates to the dimensions box that used to come up when creating a text layer. Either way, I think we've answered the question. :) 

This discussion has been closed.