Export project: "Starting" for hours - nothing happens

I added my Hitfilm project as a content export to the task queue. However, the rendering doesn't seem to start. It keeps saying "Starting" in the progress bar for hours. Here are some additional observations:

1. Hitfilm doesn't let me change the output directory. Before starting the export, the option "Save Output As..." is already grayed out.
  2. Although Hitfilm doesn't seem to render, it uses 2GB of RAM consistently and around 60% of my CPU.

Is there a way to view some logs or something?

My setup: Intel i5 of the 4th generation, Nvidia 1060 6GB 

Thank you!

Comments

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,043 Ambassador

Which specific version of HitFilm are you using?

What's your hard drive size, and how much free space do you have on your system drive?

Re: your inability to change the output path, you need to click on the filename in the Output column of the Queue section of the Export tab. I don't see anything in HitFilm that says "Save Output As".  If you're talking about the "Save As" option in the main menu, that's only for saving your project file, not the video created by the export process.

• FabianHerzog12FabianHerzog12 Website User Posts: 2
    edited December 2018

Thank you for answering :)

I updated Hitfilm today to the latest version to see if the problem persists. With the new version I am now able to change the output directory. However, the other problem is still there. 

This is how the queue looks like - and the progress status doesn't change.

It's quite a small project - only 7 minutes long - and I have over 150 GB of space left on D.

Edit: I don't know if it helps, but in the Preview tab of the export view I see the error "Could not attach to the pixel buffer" and "QSharedMemory::handle: does not exist"

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,043 Ambassador

@FabianHerzog12 I didn't ask about free space on the drive where the final exported file will live. I asked about free space on your system drive (C). Even though the final file will live on D, HitFilm builds it as a temporary file on your system drive first, then copies it over. If you don't have enough free space on C, that will definitely cause problems during export.

That aside, the error you listed appears to be the more likely cause of the problem. I'm going to tag @Triem23 who can speak to whether or not your GPU is sufficient for using HitFilm. 

By any chance is it either a Dell or Alienware system? If so, check out this page for info on a possible solution:

https://fxhome.com/faqs/view/78

This discussion has been closed.