Upgrading from Express to Pro

AhrooAhroo Website User Posts: 9

Do I need to uninstall Express before installing Pro? The only info I could find online says I need to uninstall previous versions of the SAME (i.e. Express to Express, Pro to Pro), but I couldn't find anything regarding Express to Pro. Thanks!

Comments

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,177 Moderator

@Ahroo Up until the release of HF Pro 6 and subsequent updates to 11 you could have 3, 4, 5 and 6-11 all installed at the same time if you desired.  Now, anything beyond 6-11 installs over the previous version.  I think Express is the same, but you can still both have Pro and Express at the same time to my knowledge, and previous versions of either that you had activated in the past.  Hope this answers your question.

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,297 Ambassador

I have the newest versions of both Express and Pro installed on my computer. Unless you are like me and do tutorials in Express, there should be no reason to have Express installed since Pro does everything that Express can do. Having said that, I can envision a situation where someday you might not upgrade Pro, but Express continues to upgrade for free giving you things in Express that perhaps are not in Pro. That would be a ways down the road, however.

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,177 Moderator

@FilmSensei That's a really good point I had not considered.  I haven't updated Express to the latest as I never use it except if I try to help someone troubleshooting an issue in Express.  I did find that an old laptop I happened on wouldn't let install the latest Pro but my 5 Pro worked so I have that in reserve :) as well.

• AhrooAhroo Website User Posts: 9

Thank you both very much!

This discussion has been closed.