{answered} Question: Is the HitFilm Pro license a subscription, or permanent?

NotGIGNNotGIGN Website User Posts: 8
edited November 2018 in General

Simple and quick.

Is Hitfilm pro lifetime or Monthly?

If it's lifetime, then I will plan on buying it.

If it's Monthly then I don't plan on buying it.

Please leave a comment xd. idk im not good at these.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,225 Ambassador

When you purchase Hitfilm Pro you gain access to 12 months of updates and tech support. At the end of that time you can use the last version of Hitfilm released under your license for LIFETIME, however, you do not get any more updates.

After that you have the option (at a reduced price) to purchase another 12 month of updates.

• NotGIGNNotGIGN Website User Posts: 8
    edited November 2018
  • SvenPetrovSvenPetrov Website User Posts: 1

For how many computers is Hitfilm Pro license?

• JavertValbarrJavertValbarr Staff Administrator, Website User Posts: 296 Staff
    edited November 2018

I'm sorry @Triem23, English isn't really my first language thus I don't really quite understand what you are trying to say.

I'm not trying to be Rude or Offensive but could you put it in a more simpler word so that I can understand it a little bit better? 

Again, I'm not trying to be Rude or Offensive just that English isn't my first language.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,709 Ambassador
    edited November 2018

@NotGIGN Your first copy of HITFilm is full price.  This also comes with free updates and support for a year.

At the end of the first year, you can continue to run the software as long as you want.  There is no timeout.  You own it. You can run it.

But if you want to stay current with the software, you pay your yearly upgrade fee (which is about 75 - 80% of full price) and receive updates for the next 12 months, and so on.   At the end of each paid support year, you can opt out of the yearly upgrade and continue to run the software as long as you want.

The nice thing about FXHome is they will send out several updates throughout the year for bug fixes and feature enhancements.   So over the course of the year you'll receive multiple updates before your current paid year is up.

Hope that helps.

edited November 2018

@Stargazer54 ; so what I'm getting from this is that when I get Hitfilm Pro, I get free updates and support for a year, after the end of the first year, I can still keep it and use it forever.

and I can either choose to pay for another Update and support for a year or I can choose not too.

Am I correct?

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador
This discussion has been closed.