Sync problems. I sorta need help.

Ok I like to record gameplay my fps is 60 - 120 and I use shadow play to record witch can only record to up to 60 fps. So lately I have been having Audio and video sync problems and I was told to have a constant framrate. Witch I dont know what to do I like to play games at 120 fps but i can only record at 60 fps. Is there I can have shadow play record at 120 fps or do I have to lower it to 60 fps but the end video says 59.94. So my video says 59 fps but in the video itself I have a fps counter bottom left and it say 120 fps the audio is ahead of the video what can I do to make it a constant 120 fps framerate

Comments

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,316 Ambassador
    edited November 2018

Not familiar with ShadowPlay, so I can't help with the recording frame rate question.

To get a constant frame rate, you'll need to transcode your footage. If you’re not familiar with transcoding, I strongly suggest watching this video by @Triem23 . It talks about why transcoding is important, and shows several ways to do it using various tools.

EDIT: FWIW, I don't recommend taking a video recorded at 60fps and transcoding it to 120fps. That high rate frame playback is going to be difficult for any editor to handle unless you've got an incredibly beefy system. My suggestion is to record and edit at 60fps.

This discussion has been closed.