How can I create Multicolored text?

Gedatzu
Gedatzu Website User Posts: 5
edited November 2018 in Post-production techniques

Hey there,
If there is, what is the most efficient way to customize your text in Hitfilm Express like in the image below
/ so that it imitates the colours of a national flag (if I didnt got the link right again) which is Russia in my case.
I wonder if there is an easy way to "multicolor" your text.
Text Flag

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,721 Moderator

@Gedatzu I did something similar with a PNG of a fuzzy monster only 7 colors of the Rainbow.  I took 7 different images each a separate color overlaid them and drew masks to reveal only the areas with the color where I wanted it.  

In your example, 3 layer copies of the text in each color then mask the top two so only the bottom color is visible on the top layer.  This will show the middle layer color all up to the top.  The mask the top of the text to show the bottom layer.

Probably a better way to do it but that's how I know to do it.  Hope this helps.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,362 Ambassador

Basically that. You could build the fill image in Hitfilm with colored planes. You can also try a 4-color gradient. 

• Gedatzu
    Gedatzu Website User Posts: 5

Thanks for the quick answers! The first one sounds like a neat solution, gonna try that.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!