[NEW RELEASE] HitFilm 11.0

GavinBarkerGavinBarker StaffWebsite User Posts: 98

With the release up HitFilm 11.0, we're giving you one heck of a way to finish off your 12 month license!

Brace yourselves, we think you're going to love this one...

Read more 

Comments

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,186 Moderator
    edited November 2018

@GavinBarker Hey, thanks for the heads up.  Just downloaded it and installing now.

Addendum:  I am absolutely lovin' the Exposure Pro effects.  Just did a quick play around with a photo I recently de-green screened for my daughter and she had it over exposed a bit and I was able to bring back details nicely.  The power users probably could do this with curves but I never got good enough... :)  This was so much simpler for me to understand. If I can, everyone can!

Oh, and Dehaze...be still my heart.  It is fantastic!!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,302 Ambassador
    edited November 2018

Ok, seriously, I go out of country for 6 weeks and I miss two entire full-digit revisions packed with amazing new features?! 

My initial reaction is unprintable in this forum, delivered with a big grin. Wow! 

With all the updates from v6 to v11, you guys really brought an amazing amount of powerful new features to Hitfilm!

Addendum: @FilmSensei remember that discussion we had that led to your text bevel tutorial? Yeah, with Distance Field  I'm guessing you need to revisit that. Also, those FXHOME jerks just made your grunge tutorial largely obsolete! Doncha love it when they do that to us? 

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,301 Ambassador

@Triem23 Yep!

Interestingly, however, only HitFilm Pro gets the new features: Exposure Pro, Dehaze, Inner Glow, Outer Glow, Distance Field and Surface Studio. The HitFilm Express update only includes the bug fix regarding Neon Path and Text.

Consequently, my HitFilm Express "Text Bevel" and "Grunge" tutorials are still relevant... at least for now! :)

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,190 Staff

@FilmSensei Patience is indeed the key here ;)

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,301 Ambassador

@CedricBonnier That's why I said... "for now!" :)

• JBaymoreJBaymore Website User Posts: 335 Enthusiast
    edited November 2018

Paid for 5 minutes ago.  Downloaded.  Uninstalling and then installing Ver. 11 in a few minutes.

Thanks for a great program and support.

best,

..................john

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,302 Ambassador

@FilmSensei the Pro users need a FEW exclusive features. While I'm certain devs won't confirm or deny, as new plug-ins are added, obviously a few will go into Express while others will eventually become add-ons for Express. Logically all core engine changes (Export Queue and Layout panel as examples) will have simultaneous rollout, while many plug-ins might still delay a couple of months until a new add-on group (or two) is completed. 

To speculate, Exposure and Dehaze fit as an "Advanced Color Grade" pack while Surface Studio, Inner/Outer Glow and Depth Sort fit as a "Title Designer" pack. 

• DimipapaDimipapa Website User Posts: 310 Enthusiast

the wingdings and webdings fonts dont work anymore.  I like to use those a lot for buttons and icons and things

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,949 Enthusiast

Confirmed for text layer. It's worse than that. Typing in the text entry when those fonts are selected changes the font in the font selection list (yes focus is in the viewer).

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

Hmm.... time to pay the piper, eh?

Just saw that my license ran out in October.  Ouch. 

• MikesckiMikescki Website User Posts: 9
    Great stuff, is there a similar upgrade to the shortcut keys?
    I'm looking at the Editor tab here ...
    Also is the Export still a 2 step action or have I missed something?
  • CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,190 Staff

@NormanPCN @Dimipapa Ah, this behavior was added to automatically switch to a font that supports the character typed, eg japanese or chinese character. We will investigate this issue and see what can be done, sorry about the inconvenience.

• JBaymoreJBaymore Website User Posts: 335 Enthusiast
    edited November 2018

CedricBonnier Staff

@NormanPCN @Dimipapa Ah, this behavior was added to automatically switch to a font that supports the character typed, eg japanese or chinese character.

有賀とございます。THANK YOU for this.  Sorry it created a glitch at the same time.

best,

........................john

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,949 Enthusiast

@CedricBonnier Not sure I like the idea of the app selecting some random font based on what it thinks should be going on. We the user selected a font and if that does not work with char code(s) we enter then that is on us.

That said, SYMBOL_CHARSET, really accepts any locale input. If you get my drift.

Then of course, what logic is making Hitfilm not display any glyphs for existing input. All we get is default char. Typically a square box.

This discussion has been closed.