Exporting lyrics from composit shots

BLessingsoneveryoneBLessingsoneveryone Website User Posts: 16

Hello,

I am wondering if I can export composit shots with lyrics so that I can use them when I do not have a backing track for a tune.  I would use the projectors remote to change pages as the tune is being played live.  I have created one project with a click track but I do not know how I can keep the click out of the mains. That would be ideal but does not seem possible. If I mute the channel I would not get the signal into the in ear monitors. Thanks for your help

Rich

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,297 Ambassador

Sounds like you are trying to create pages of lyrics you can flip through with a presentation remote. 

Hitfilm creates video (movie) files that more or less play from beginning to end. 

It sounds more like you want something like a PowerPoint presentation, which you can't really do with Hitfilm.

Perhaps WPS Office (aka Kingston Office) is a better tool for this task. It's free. 

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,186 Moderator

@Blessingsoneveryone To add to Triem23's suggestion, there is a PRESENTATION component to OpenOffice which is a free opensource alternative to MS OFFICE.  Presentation is a Powerpoint clone all free and legal.  There may be some of the esoteric features that aren't available as I'm not really up on Powerpoint to know the differences but it does work well.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,297 Ambassador

@tddavis presents another good option. I prefer Kingston/WPS over OpenOffice because OpenOffice doesn't handle tables correctly often when exporting to Word formats,  but this shouldn't matter for what you're doing. 

• BLessingsoneveryoneBLessingsoneveryone Website User Posts: 16

Thank you. Maybe I can route the click track to a monitor bus.  I will be receiving the pa equipment in a week or two. I will have to check out what the mixer can do Yamaha MG20XU.

You're fine. That mixer has four sub groups, four FX sends and the main stereo bus. You've got options. :) 

This discussion has been closed.