Why audio is got "cracking" noise?

DorcolyDorcoly Website User Posts: 2

Im a newbie with video editing, but I got trouble. Im recoded the video with camcorder in Full HD. I downloaded the Starter Pack, because it is in AVCHD format. So when I tried to edit in Hitfilm Express the audio is got such a "creaking" noise in Playback and after the final video as well. The interest thing is when I play from the computer the original video it is hasn't got that noise. The audio is 48000Hz even I tried to set up the Project Sample rate bit lower it is still got that noise.

Anyone has idea why is that and what can I do?

Thank you

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

The instances when I have heard crackling in the audio it is because the project sample rate doesn't match that of the video. Make sure the project sample rate matches the video sample rate exactly, then add the video to the timeline and see if you still get crackling.

• DorcolyDorcoly Website User Posts: 2

Hi Axel, thank you so much your answer. I looked that option as well, but they are matching, so it is not that unfortunately
    It is possible to the Hitfilm can not convert properly the Dolby Digital surround? Because I recorded the video in 6 chanel 48000Hz audio
    Regards
    Dorothy

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

6 channel audio is not supported by HitFilm. Try mixing those channels down to  stereo audio, and import that into HitFilm.

This discussion has been closed.