Crash Dump stored anywhere?

yves1982yves1982 Website User Posts: 5

Hi all!

I got a crash in Express 9 whenever I click with MMB or RMB into the video window.

Before buying a new video card or upgrading to Windows 10, I would like to habe a look into the crash dump by myself, but I couldn't find any logs neither in the ProgramData folders nor in the windows event viewer.

Is there a chance to get to the logs / crash dumps somehow?

Thanks

yves

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,319 Ambassador

System specs, please. CPU, GPU, OS  RAM and storage? What Antivirus are you running? Are your GPU drivers current?

My guess is you're likely under spec or running obsolete drivers. 

Yeah, that's not what you asked. Mods aren't FXHOME Staff, so I don't know the answer to your exact question, but I'll tag @CedricBonnier

• yves1982yves1982 Website User Posts: 5
    edited October 2018

Yep, most likely I'm below system specs. Old AMD card whose drivers cannot be updated from AMD because it's HP OEM bull***t stuff. (Never buying a HP machine again).

Was just wondering if I could isolate the actual problem.

edited October 2018

i5 3450 3.10Ghz
    AMD Radeon HD7570
    Win 7 Home
    RAM 12GB DDR3
    HD:
    System: 250GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO
    Data (video): Hitacchi HDS723020BLA642 1.8TB

Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,319 Ambassador

Well, I did tag a friendly Staff member. Hopefully someone will answer your actual question.

Couldn't you download the AMD drivers from AMD? 

edited October 2018

Thanks for that.

As I said, the AMD drives don't work because it's some HP OEM version. And the drivers from HP (which I have installed) are quite old (2012). Think i'm not getting around buying a new card...

Yeah  you may be hosed, there. Hold off until you get a definite answer on the log. I do remember once I opened a debug console to send some data directly to the devs, so I think you'll be in luck, there, but I don't remember the procedure and am halfway around the world from those notes right now  

Ok, couldn't wait any longer and bought a new graphics card. It's "only" a GTX 1050, but now it works like a charm. Also my rendering speed in the blender application is much faster now because the old card didn't support CUDA. :-)

For stability, and for the general impression of the HitFilm product it would look kinda more professional to have a proper error message (i.e. "Error calling some GPU function, please update GPU driver.") or even better some check at program startup like "graphics card not supported" or something instead of just crashing at some random time...

Thanks for your advice anyway!

This discussion has been closed.