[ANSWERED] hitfilm express project not opening

TrisCriticalTrisCritical Website User Posts: 4
edited October 2018 in HitFilm

I was working on a video for Halloween, then there was a file error for a image (because i rename the image).

I haven't open the program about 2 days, and when I was going to finish the video up. instead of opening the project I got 'hitfilm Express 17 couldn't open "insert filename" '. 

here's the file's

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Videos/funny%20Family%20Guy%202%20animation.rar project 1

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Videos/funny%20Family%20Guy%20animation%201.rar project 2

Comments

• TrisCriticalTrisCritical Website User Posts: 4
    edited October 2018

I have the exact same problem as RichardBang 

I was working on a video for Halloween, then there was a file error for a image (because i rename the image).

I haven't open the program about 2 days, and when I was going to finish the video up. instead of opening the project I got 'hitfilm Express 17 couldn't open "insert filename" '. 

here's the file's

[Broken links removed by Moderator]

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,303 Ambassador
    edited October 2018

@TrisCritical uiu actually have a different issue, and it's a problem you caused, not a Hitfilm error.

Hitfilm (and all NLEs) does not store media in project files. It stores a "pointer" with the name and location of each media file.

By your own words, you changed the name of a media file. As far as Hitfilm is concerned your media file is gone. 

When you open Hitfilm you should be able to double click the original file name in the "missing file" box, then select the file under its new name. 

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,042 Ambassador

Normally when files can't be found, you're given the option of manually browsing to find the file. Did you not get that option?

Those file links won't work because they're pointing to files on your own hard drive. You'll need to post them online somewhere, either on your own web site (if you have one), or some place like Dropbox or Google Drive.

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,042 Ambassador

Now I see you've also tacked this question onto the end of another thread. Tagging @Triem23 to see about merging.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,303 Ambassador

@jsbarrett merged. Especially as we both answered  

This discussion has been closed.