Youtube makes black borders around video

AndreasPokAndreasPok Website User Posts: 3

Hi,

After export video with this settings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnm537dsf7enabm/hitfilm_screenshot01.jpg?dl=0

and uploading the video to youtube. Youtube does make black borders around the video.

What do I do wrong? I already tried some changes in the settings, but there are still black borders.

There are no black borders in the footage or in the timeline. The footage comes from an iPhone X.

Thanks and regards,

Andreas

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,300 Ambassador

What is the resolution of your computer monitor. On my devices the video is displayed correctly  filling the entire screen. I think I know what's going on here, and your computer's resolution will probably confirm. 

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

Clip resolution is 1920x1080p and displays full screen on a PC with a 1920x1080p monitor and with small borders on a 1920x1200 monitor. If viewed on an iPad there are borders top and bottom because the screen is larger than the video. Same would apply on other tablets phones which do not have a 16:9 ratio.

tl;dr: nothing wrong with the clip.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,300 Ambassador

@Palacono, hence why I asked the OP's screen resolution. 

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

@Triem23 Yeah, well, if I think I understand the problem, I give possible answers and I'm done. You usually do too, TBH. :)

• AndreasPokAndreasPok Website User Posts: 3

All right, thanks for the answer!

This discussion has been closed.