Two Bugs Found, involving Invert and Masks
OK. So this REALLY shouldn't be anyone's workflow. I came across this by accident it.
Here's how I found it:
- I dropped a video that is purely black & white solids split in half in your composite. (Or any video with separated pure black & white, like an Ink Matte)
- Drop an Invert on it
- Now make THAT into a composite shot (Leave Effects Here)
- Go to Composite Shot 2
- Throw an Invert in the inside Composite Shot 2
- Go back to Composite Shot 1. Delete the invert in there.
The crash is triggered only by videos that are like that, when tossed back and fourth between composites this way. With images, hitfilm handles it fine.
Masking Bug Found.
Plane won't change colors after implementing a mask, except in the Media File. In the composite, it stays the same. I would have to delete the plane from the composite, then redrag it from the media box.
- Draw mask around plane.
- Right Click plane properties and change color of plane
- Change Color
Color doesn't change in composite, but does change in the media box.