Screen recorded video Files don't open correctly

Rhino2115Rhino2115 Website User Posts: 2
edited October 2018 in HitFilm

Hello, I have a serious problem with Hitfilm Express.

I have made a video on a game called Barotrauma, it was recorded and put into Hitfilm Express. I then edited the video and everything was fine. Cut some things added some things, then I exported it into "Youtube 1080p HD.mp4". The export seemed to be fine, but when I opened it all it showed was a Red Box with the words "Offline Media". I then went back to Hitfilm Express and saw that when loading the same file I saved, it wouldn't work and just say "Invalid Media" even though it was a MP4 file. I'm not sure if it is corrupted or not, but the video took me 2 hours to make and I don't want to start all over. 

Any help would be great

Comments

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador

My hunch is that you moved the video file to a different place on your system at some point during the editing process, or perhaps renamed it.  Whatever the case, as long as you can still manually find the file, you should be okay.  In your HitFilm project, right-click on the file in the Media tab, and choose "Relink."  A file browser will open, where you can navigate to and select the file.  

• Rhino2115Rhino2115 Website User Posts: 2

I haven't changed the name, nor moved it. I tried to re-link it, but nothing has happened.

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador

So your source footage still looks fine, correct? And the project that has your edit still looks good as well, correct?

This discussion has been closed.