Activate Hitfilm Ultimate

Napoleon
Napoleon Website User Posts: 7
Good evening,
I've just bought Hitfilm ultimate 2 on a MacBook. I've got my license number, but when I launched hitfilm, i've been unsucessfully trying to activate the app... I clicked on "preference" then on "activation" and then on "activate program" but nothing hapened. :( I don't understand why it doesn't work.
Please, does anybody know what I should do ?
Thanks for helping me. :) 

Comments

• Napoleon
    Napoleon Website User Posts: 7
    edited February 2014
    I've finally fixed the issue; if it can help anybody I tell you how did I do :
    I opened safari, and launched Hitfilm ultmaite with "right click" and select "open".
    I don't know why, but now, i've got the "home" page (before it was just a blanck page), and everything is alright.
  • KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,085 Staff
    Sorry for the delay here Napoleon.
    If your home page was blank before, it may have been that your internet connection was too poor or non-existent. This will have prevented you from activating it as HitFilm needs the internet to do that (connect you to your hitfilm.com account). 
    However - it's no problem now as you said it's been fixed. Great news! Well done. 
  • shanetheelder
    shanetheelder Website User Posts: 1
    i can't seem to upgrade from express to ultimate , why is this. if i click the upgrade button it tells me that there are no upgrade for me to choose from
  • MatthiasClaflin
    MatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    edited February 2014
    It appears as though there is no discounted upgrade for the express software because it was free.
    EDIT: It appears as though you are already an Ultimate User (by the icon on the forum). Did you figure it out? Or did you end up paying "full price" for Hitfilm Ultimate?
  • KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,085 Staff
    It appears as though there is no discounted upgrade for the express software because it was free.
    EDIT: It appears as though you are already an Ultimate User (by the icon on the forum). Did you figure it out? Or did you end up paying "full price" for Hitfilm Ultimate?

As Matthias said, shanetheelder - did you manage to get it sorted? 
    There wasn't a specific upgrade pathway for those who had downloaded the free version of Express, as a reduced upgrade would have meant that it wouldn't be fair on those who had bought the software previously. 
    This would have been why you didn't see an upgrade option - although you could have bought it outright which, by your Ultimate tag on the forum, would suggest so. 

• rockofsalvation
    rockofsalvation Website User Posts: 1

Hit film ultimate

This discussion has been closed.