Disabled drag and drop

MasterPuebloMasterPueblo Website User Posts: 3

It's been a few weeks, maybe since the last update that I can't drag and drop images/videos/etc... into the media panel, I have to manually import all of them via the import button. 

Has anything changed or is there a bug somewhere ? I tried restarting the computer and launching Pro in administrator mode, also tried to uninstall/reinstall the software.

Comments

• DannyDevDannyDev Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 338 Staff

@MasterPueblo

This is an intermittent problem that occasionally happens on Windows. Basically, Explorer thinks that a drag is still in progress and so it prevents you from dragging again.

The only work around we've found is to switch to Windows Explorer, hit the 'Esc' button several times, then try to dragging again.

• MasterPuebloMasterPueblo Website User Posts: 3

@DannyDev

Not sure to quite understand what you mean by switching to Windows Explorer. I tried to restart it though, with no real results, so If you say it's an intermittent issue, I'll just wait

• Preter2001Preter2001 Website User Posts: 9

I have the same problem. When i try to drag media from the explorer into the media panel of hitfilm i get this mouse cursor (see pic attached). Pressing Esc in the explorer does nothing sadly.

Its very annoying and slows down my workflow and my motivation by a lot :(

please fix :)
    (I am using win7, dual monitor setup.)

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,713 Ambassador

Are you dragging from a saved file on your local drive? 

I have no problem with this myself.  I am also on Win 7. HF Pro 9.1.

• MasterPuebloMasterPueblo Website User Posts: 3

Just a little "up" to say that the recent upgrade hasn't changed this problem, I (and Preter) still need to manually import assets.

Update:
    the bug still exists.
    But i found that when i press the "import" button and the window opens, i can drag and drop from that (select the file you want to import) window. Maybe this short info will help.
    (But only from that (select the file you want to import) window.  if, when the import windows window is open, i try to grab something from an other window, then i still get the same "nope" icon as allways)

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,034 Ambassador

@MasterPueblo @Preter2001 From what I got from the comment earlier from @DannyDev , this isn't something that the HitFilm devs can address. It's a Windows issue, so no number of HitFilm updates are going to be able to fix it.

@MasterPueblo"Not sure to quite understand what you mean by switching to Windows Explorer."

Windows Explorer is the program you use to navigate the files and folders on Windows. Sometimes it's just called "Explorer." As Danny said earlier, hitting ESC a few times in this window will sometimes clear whatever's stuck, allowing the drag operation to work again.

Issue solved for me with HitFilm12, worth the update. [Windows 7]

• DannyDevDannyDev Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 338 Staff
    edited February 2019

@Preter2001

This problem is an intermittent bug in Microsoft Explorer. We haven't fixed it for 12  (all bug fixes are always explicitly listed in the change log) and you may still encounter it. Just use the Esc workaround I mentioned previously when you do.

This discussion has been closed.