Feature suggestion: constant (or variable) text value in composite shot properties

aleclercaleclerc Website User Posts: 6

Hi,

I would like to suggest adding the possibility to define in a composite shot properties different strings as constants. It would be useful to use them in different scenarios.

Example: A complex composite shot displaying a text. The text has to be entered 3–4 times in different text fields to make the animation and special effects. Then when you want to duplicate the composite shot to display another text, one only has to go to the properties of the composite shot and change the text constant and all the text fields then use the new text. Nothing else is required. No need to change the text in many text fields, etc.

Best regards.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,260 Ambassador

Interesting suggestion. How would you intend for effects and animation to link to text objects embedded in the Composite Shot properties?

In general feature requests should go in this thread  which is regularly checked by the devs. They might not see a side thread before it scrolls to page 2.

https://fxhome.com/forum/discussion/38770/the-hitfilm-wishlist-what-features-do-you-want#latest

• aleclercaleclerc Website User Posts: 6

Hi,

I do not know the technicalities. I am just expressing an idea. Reading your comment and the other for the other suggestion, I realize I could simply make this suggestion simpler:

—It would be really nice if we can “duplicate” text layers that keep the same text value (but not the same formatting). So changing the text value in one of the text fields would also immediately change the text value in all the other that are linked to it.

But it would still be nice to be able to “copy” so that I can change the text value without it being modified in other fields. (Maybe an option to “unlink” a duplicate and make it live on its own.)

The idea is to have a “one place” to change the text of many other text fields that are linked together.

Thank you for the link. I will post the suggestion there when it makes sense to others here. (i.e. phrasing it properly.)

Best regards.