how export several clips in multiple movies

lgcomlgcom Website User Posts: 58 Just Starting Out

Hello

for my new project (video classes), I'need keep the same format (sounds, voice....) for differents movies.

I' created one file  xxxxxxxxxx.hfp ; in this one I'imported differents clips (with differents sequences)

Now I' would export each  clips in differents movies in .mp4. 

Can I' group the first sequences to export in one movie ? 

or 

How export several clips in multiple movies ? 

Is it clear for you ? :) 

Thanks 

Laurent

[url=http://www.noelshack.com/2018-39-2-1537874227-capture-d-ecran-2018-09-25-a-13-10-27.png][img]http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2018/39/2/1537874227-capture-d-ecran-2018-09-25-a-13-10-27.png[/img][/url]timeline

Comments

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,042 Ambassador
    edited September 2018

From your description and the image you shared, you want to export the different edited sections (around the timeline gaps) as separate videos, correct?  This can be done by using the In-Out export option.

To begin, go to the start of the timeline and press the I key, which will mark that position as the In point. Move the time marker to the last frame of the first section, and press the O key, which will mark that as the Out point.  In the upper-right corner of the Editor timeline, you will see an Export button with a filmstrip icon and an arrow. Click that and select "In-Out Area."  This will add an entry to the Export queue which will let you export that marked area.  You might be taken immediately to the Export tab, but you don't have to export right away. However, I recommend making any desired changes to the export settings for your entry in the queue, as well as changing the default export preset (if desired) before marking any other areas for export.

Once that's set, go back to the Edit tab (top of the window) and mark your next area with the In and Out markers as before, then click Export -> In-Out Area.  Repeat again for the third area.  Once you're done, assuming there are no more changes to make to the export settings for each entry in the queue, click Start Exporting at the bottom of the window. Each area you marked for export will be exported as a separate file.

For more details about how the export system works, I suggest watching this video:

• lgcomlgcom Website User Posts: 58 Just Starting Out

Hello JSBarrett

Thanks for your explain, it's very clear for me. 

It's easu but not very visible. Is there a visible way to see the In / Out Area selection in the timeline please ?

So I' subscribed to your channel :) 

Laurent 

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,042 Ambassador

The in-out area is marked by a slightly lighter grey background in the timeline. You can see an example of the difference in shading by watching the video linked above.

Which channel did you subscribe to? I didn't mention one, so either you found me via a search on YouTube, or you subscribed to the main HitFilm channel where the above video came from (and that's Javert in the video, not me :D ).

OK thank you for your reply. 

In my opinion,it's better to use one other color (like selected button) or a thin yellow line to differentiate the In/Out aera in timeline. 

I'subscribed to the main HitFilm channel in YT :) 

If you'd like to suggest changing how the In/Out area is marked, drop a comment in the wishlist thread.

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

It used to have a small coloured, vertical bar, but that was removed in one of the 'minimalist' UI revisions, so now everything is grey on grey. Vegas, by contrast, recently added colour to all their small icons to help them stand out after many customer requests over several years. 

Don't expect anyone to admit a mistake and change it, all changes that no one asked for are final.

edited September 2018

OK Palacono :)

Nothing is really definitive, especially thanks to the user experience (UX Design) :) 

So it's very cool to export several movies in the same timeline,

Thank you for your help

This discussion has been closed.