Forum categories not auto-clearing the read indicator

CleverTaglineCleverTagline ModeratorLas Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,043 Ambassador

As of about a week ago, the "read" indicators next to category headers stopped auto-clearing once all the threads inside them have been read. I have to manually clear each one after catching up on unread threads. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I tried logging out and back in, but that didn't work. Perhaps clearing the browser cache or cookies would work, though I'm hesitant to do that without knowing exactly what to clear.

Comments

• DataDesignDataDesign Website User Posts: 440 Enthusiast

I do not see this problem. I check the forums about twice a day.

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

It's always done this for me, so even if I've read anything in All Discussions, if I go to Categories it will always show unread posts - along with the name of the last poster. I just go through and set them to All Read.

Annoying, but as I also have a floating "Wishlist" thread after I managed to somehow "unsticky" it from the top of the forum list and there is apparently no way to undo that: least of my problems.

• DanielGWoodDanielGWood Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,021 Just Starting Out
    edited September 2018

Yeah it's definitely gotten worse since we updated to the latest version a week or so back. I haven't worked out why yet, but for some reason the categories report as "Unread" despite having no threads left to read...

Edit: Having now googled the problem it seems this is a known bug in the Forum software.

This is not a recent phenomenon for me, it's always done it, both on a PC and an iPad.

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,043 Ambassador

And for me, it's never done it until a week or two ago.

And now it does the reverse. Setting everything to All Read in Categories and there are still unread posts when I go into All Discussions.