Update Woes

GrayMotionGrayMotion Website User Posts: 1,368 Enthusiast
edited September 2018 in General

Kinda lame updates (9.1) coming from FXHome in my opinion......spelling errors in tools?.....please.

When are we going to get meaningful updates instead of blatant error fixes that should have never left the house in the first place? 

What about these things: 

https://fxhome.com/forum/discussion/46073/camera-clipping-problem#latest

https://fxhome.com/forum/discussion/47081/using-3d-object-with-particle-sim-and-hdr-environment-map#latest

https://fxhome.com/forum/discussion/47381/using-comp-as-environment-map-creates-crash#latest

I'm glad you did fix what you did.....but from the list of fixes it looks like you need about 300 active beta tester (1% of your user base) to put your updates through the ringer before you release them.

Sorry for being a pooper on your update thread but like some of the Pro users here I have spent well over 600$ on HF since I started with the software and problems persist to this day. I spent that much on a lifetime copy (updates forever) of FCP and Motion 5 back in 2011. Just a bit disappointed.

Comments

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

I am disappointed that something that worked and became broken in V6 (Nov 2017) has not yet been fixed.

Specifically a problem with the sphere effect mapped with a 3D point. The sphere texture spins like a top if the camera rotates. Makes crazy planets that spin like a pulsar.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,720 Ambassador
    edited September 2018

@GrayMotion Thanks for bringing up the camera clipping problem (as well as the others).  Was beginning to think I was the only one who saw this as an issue.   Every time an “update” comes out I think, “Maybe this time . . . “.  But nope!     This particular problem really left me a little cold on HF.

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,189 Staff

Hi guys, sorry you are feeling this way about the update. Version 9.1 was mainly targeting Express with the watermark stuff. The new stuff for Pro was only the Trimmer changes and support for Vegas 16. The next update should be more significant for both Pro and Express users ;)

Saying that, all bugs mentioned by @GrayMotion are fixed internally now and will be added to the next update.

@NormanPCN Thanks for reminding us about this one, it's good to have a nudge sometimes

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,720 Ambassador

@CedricBonnier That's good to hear!   Thanks for the update, sir.

• GrayMotionGrayMotion Website User Posts: 1,368 Enthusiast

Thumbs up  @CedricBonnier - I know it's tough to cover everything with a small team as I have the same problem with my business. A few days after I posted my response to the update I kinda had a change of heart...a bit disappointed with myself for seeming to be rude. Kudos to the team!