Shortcut to Editor timeline?

Is there an instant way to get back to the Editor timeline from a composite?

Situation: whenever I make a Composite in HitFilm, it adds it to the far right of the Editor. So when I’m in, say, my 20th composite, I have to scroll all the way, ever time, to the Editor. It’s really frustrating going back and forth this way.  (I can doube-click a composite in the Editor to go directly to that composite. Can I get back to the editor just as fast?)

Comments

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,950 Enthusiast

There is no specific keyboard shortcut to jump to the NLE/Editor timeline.

You probably don't need 20 composites open at the same time clogging up the timeline panel. Close the comps you are not actively working on. Then you will not have to scroll the tabs of the open timelines. It will probably be only a handful of timelines open at any given time.

• CervierCervier Website User Posts: 156 Just Starting Out

Something you can do, if you are in a situation where you want to go back and forth between the editor timeline and various comps, is to "float" the editor: click and hold its tab and bring it, for instance, underneath its current position. Double-clicking on any comp it contains will still open it above. This does reduce the available workspace, but you can push down the editor tab almost to out of screen, which should leave you with enough space on screen to work on your comps. You can always grab the editor (the separation line in fact) and bring it back up when needed.

Then, when you want to work again on the editor, you can grab its tab, put it back with the others and raturn to the original layout.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,303 Ambassador

@Cervier never thought of floating the Editor. Dunno if that would work well for me (I'll close inactive comps), but that's a great idea. 

• LeRoiLightningLeRoiLightning Website User Posts: 33

Thanks guys. I never thought to close a comp. I thought that would surely delete it! (See my "intuitive" mind at work?)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,303 Ambassador

Nope, Composite Shots appear in your media bin. You can reopen it at any time with a double click. To delete a Comp, do it in the media bin.