Inserting Text

Hello All,

I'm new to HitFilm Express and am working on my first video. I have the clip in and at one point I want to add text to the clip to identify a fish in the clip. I cannot figure out how to insert text. In the guide it talks about a text effect to do this, but I cannot find the text effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,928 Enthusiast

Welcome to HitFilm!

To insert text, you need to convert your clip to a composite shot, and then you should see the "T" icon next to the viewer. If you want to be able to add text directly as you are trying to do, you must purchase the "Edit: Starter pack" for €9.99, which includes:

• Text
    • Split Screen Masking
    • PiP (Picture-in-Picture)
    • Vertical Video
    • Action Cam Crop
  • janderjeskijanderjeski Website User Posts: 18

Thank you very much for the information, it looks like the starter pack is what I need.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,286 Ambassador

Shiny Films has this tutorial on creating text in Hitfilm. 

Javert Valbarr has this tutorial on the text effect from the Edit: Starter Pack. 

I guess I need a little more help. I purchased the starter pack. I went to effects, under Effects, Generate, I found text. I can not drag it to my clip in viewer, I can drag it into the time line, but then the word text shows up on my clip in the viewer but I cannot edit it.

Ok, the videos really helped, I think I got it, thanks!