is there an effect that would combine all the colors in the layer?

NotSoXenoNotSoXeno Website User Posts: 5

Hi, i was wondering if there an effect that would combine all the colors in the layer similar to adobe illustrate. How would I do that in hitfilm express?

Comments

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,038 Ambassador

@NotSoXeno For those of us who don't use Adobe Illustrator, can you describe what you want in greater detail? Simply asking how to "combine all the colors in the layer" isn't clear enough (at least for this noggin).

• chrigufchriguf Website User Posts: 287 Just Starting Out

You mean: you have 3 layers with colored plane yellow, blue  or red. Now you want to mix, add or substract this colours? Yes this is Possible . 

• NotSoXenoNotSoXeno Website User Posts: 5

What I mean is that if I had a layer with a panda, and I masked the face of the panda, it would merge all the colors of the panda's face into one solid color. I figured out how to do it using a blur and pumping it up. One way I would use this is for low-poly images.

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,038 Ambassador

@NotSoXeno Try playing with Posterize. It reduces the available color palette, and also contains blur options that affect how the result looks.  Normally what Posterize does is evenly divide the available options in each color channel based on the "Colors per Channel" property (guessing the name as I don't have HitFilm open), but there's also a property (something like "Use Original Color" I think) that lets you force those limited colors toward ones that are actually in the original layer's color information.

• NotSoXenoNotSoXeno Website User Posts: 5

@jsbarrett Thanks for your reply. This is a good reply, but it wont blur as high as I want to to be. Plus, if I were to blur a mask it would blur the outsides of the mask as well (i dont want it to be fading out on the outside), and if I use a grade layer to mask the blur itself it wont blur the mask, it'll blur the layer under it and put it in the mask. What I am trying to say is: I make a hexagon of a panda's head, I use a grade layer with a mask on it and a blur with an intensity of 1000. It blurs the panda's head but it also blends in the green behind the panda. And if I add the masks to the panda layer, it blends in the transparency as well. Is there a work around to this? Sorry if I didn't explain everything, I'm not too good at explaining.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,286 Ambassador

Yes. You have to use MATTES, not MASKS.