Blend Modes Help

SO working on my paladin magic effect, I go to put the composite over the footage in the main editor, and suddenly I can see he black sections of my plains. I go back to the composite and try and adjust the blend modes (changing the background colour I can see they are blending properly in the composite) but I keep getting the same problem. Is this an issue with using 3d plains? I was hoping to save the effect to use for other things but it looks like I"d have to keep changing the background within the effect itself and export it from the composite.

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,250 Staff
    You can't change composite blend modes in the Editor, you need to do that within a Composite Shot. My recommendation: Convert your background layer in the Editor to a Composite Shot, then drag the other composite shot into the new one, placing it over the background. Once you have everything composited together how you want, it will automatically all be in place on the Editor timeline, where the original background clip was.
  • UberWiggett
    UberWiggett Website User Posts: 49
    thanks for the tip, I tried putting it into another composition, but it still got the black box effect. I cut n pasted the layers, still did the same thing. Ended up just doing the whole shot in the one composite. This isn't a problem it's just I was thinking of making it a preset of sorts, but if I have to load up the project each time it might not work too well.