trouble image sequence (SOLVED- Thanks everyone!)

Behind_The_Lens
Behind_The_Lens Posts: 159 Just Starting Out
edited August 2018 in HitFilm

hi,

so when I import my jpgs timelapses from my camera, the first frame of the tlapse loads, but then the viewer just says "cannot load frame". When I drag it into the timeline, the same thing happens, but the screen just goes black.

Same for any scale timeline, I'm in 24fps, on HF4P

thanks

Comments

• Behind_The_Lens

I should mention I have a Rebel series canon camera, using ML for photo lapses. However, nothing like this has ever happened before.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,315 Ambassador

My guess is that it's something with the frame numbering of your sequence. Can you post a screenshot showing your file browser open with the first dozen or so images in the sequence visible?

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,095 Moderator

@Behind_The_Lens I'm away from my Hitfilm and can't test to be sure, but I doubt the image numbering has to start on zero as long as they are consecutive, so I'm wondering if there's any other file besides the sequence in the folder?  I know that will cause problems.

• Behind_The_Lens

nope- I did switch the camera angle up halfway through, and restarted the timelapse function on ML, but, looking at the last jpeg of the first tlapse and the first of the second tlapse, they don't skip in sequential ordering.

• tddavis

@Behind_The_Lens YEah, as long as the numbers are in order the image shouldn't matter, I think.  I did do a test with the middle portion of a sequence of my own and it imported just fine starting in the middle.  I even tried adding an underscore to about 10 frames and leaving the rest alone and it imported those 10 ok but nothing else, however it did not give any error doing that.  How many frames are in your sequence?  Do you have some way to upload your images to the cloud and send a link?  Or even do a screen shot like you did but showing all the images in the folder?  It might help to spot something amiss.

• Behind_The_Lens
    edited August 2018

(The link was once here, but I took it away )

• tddavis
    edited August 2018

@Behind_The_Lens Found it!   The first & second image in the Building close up IMG_3308 & IMG_3309 is a different frame size for some weird reason.  I imported each sequence separately.  The first was no problem.  The second went black after the first frame until I deleted the first two frames of that sequence and then it imported slick as you please.  I then butted the two sequence together in a composite end to end and viola.  I wasn't sure what version of Hitfilm you use so I first tried it in Express 2017 and just to be certain again in the latest version of Pro.

PS:  You might want to edit your link out of your previous post.  I don't know why but even though it said I could only view, it did let me download them (Which I will delete them after I hear back from you that it all works for you now.)

• Behind_The_Lens

thank you  soooooo much!!

I realize now that I had changed the aspect ratios from 4;3 to 16;9 (or something like that) between frames 1 and 2.

Anyway, don't know what I would've done without you guys- well, I think I would've just ditched the footage, but that's besides the point.

Thank you again  for helping!!

• tddavis

@Behind_The_Lens You're very welcome, and I realized after I posted to you that I was putting the footages backwards; i.e. It starts with the close up shot... silly me.  I was playing around rotating the roof angle to be more like the long shot and I caught that shadows on the close up progressed down to where the long shot picked it up.  It looks so much better the way I'm sure you intended :)  quick to  pick up some things and totally dense at the same time sums me up.

This discussion has been closed.